10 Must-Do Things to Do in Miami
Miami is not just about the beaches but adventure sports, family relaxation, and delectable dishes. In Miami, you can enjoy local events and concerts with friends and family. So, Miami is all about enjoying with friends and family.
If you plan a trip to Miami, you must first check the places you want to visit and the events you want to participate in. The other important thing to do before you plan your trip to Miami is to read about the city.
You can plan your trip around the several events held in the city, or you can also plan it based on popular tourist spots. The best thing would be to read travel blogs to get an idea about what to expect from the city. Here are some of the best things about the city.
TOP FIVE ATTRACTIONS IN MIAMI
In your list of ten things that you must do in Miami, you must cover the most important tourist spots, and some of these are as follows:
When you visit Miami, you should start your trip with a visit to Miami Beach. The beach is on an island connected to the mainland with a series of bridges. The beach is known for its mix of quiet neighborhoods, lively entertainment-focused areas, and beautiful serene beaches. Here is what you should do during your visit to that Miami Beach:
- As you walk down Miami Beach, you will find that different stretches of the beach along the Atlantic offer you several sunbathing opportunities.
- You can relax on the beach’s lovely sands or swim in the ocean. The southernmost part of Miami Beach is known as South Beach, where most events occur.
- You can check out the list of events that are being held locally and participate in the festivals.
- Enjoy the food from the local food trucks on the beach. This will give you a taste of the local cuisine.
MySittiVacation Pro Tip: Check the events happening on South Beach when you visit and plan to participate in at least one of them.
Art Deco Historic District
If you want to check out the city’s beautiful architecture of older buildings, visiting the Art Deco Historic District is a must. The entire South District of Miami is dominated by the architectural style of the 1930s and 1940s, and you can see this when you visit the South Beach neighborhood.
This district has uniquely designed buildings in various pastel colors and displays large neon signs. Despite the hurricanes that have struck the city, these buildings have been restored to their old beauty; if you want to enjoy the beautiful architecture of the region, plan a dinner in the outdoor dining areas of Ocean Drive and Collins Avenue.
MySittiVacation Pro Tip: If you want to stay in one of these hotels that have been restored, then it is essential to plan.
Vizcaya Museum and Gardens
This National Historic Landmark is set on 28 acres and was originally the home of the industrialist James Deering. Deering built the house in 1916, and it has 34 rooms. The house is an Italian Renaissance-style villa, and presently it is filled with European-styled furniture and decorative items.
The Vizcaya Museum and Gardens is also known for its beautiful Italian and French fountains, pools, and sculptures. You will find that a visit to the Vizcaya Museum and Gardens with transport you back to the early nineteenth century.
MySittiVacation Pro Tip: When you visit the museum, you must set several hours aside to check out the entire building and the grounds.
Everglades National Park
If you want your children to have an enjoyable day watching alligators, crocodiles, snakes, and birds, then a visit to the Everglades National Park is a must. The Park is a swampland with a shallow river flowing into the ocean. The entire region is home to several species of reptiles and birds protected by the government.
When you visit the Park, you can plan on taking a walk along the Anhinga Trail, which leaves from the Royal Palm Visitor Center. Otherwise, you can also take a thirty-minute airboat ride that will give you a view of the alligator farm and take you back to your hotel. The airboat ride includes a live alligator show which is one of the main attractions of the Everglades National Park.
MySittiVacation Pro Tip: It takes half a day to complete a trip to the Everglades National Park; hence, you should keep a day aside in your trip for a visit to the Park.
If you want to enjoy an outdoor-style mall or market, you can purchase everything from branded products to locally made items. The Bayside Market is a significant tourist attraction in Miami because it not only has places where you can buy souvenirs of Miami, but you can also enjoy the city’s quaintness by enjoying a cup of coffee in the numerous cafes and restaurants in the marketplace.
Miami’s waterfront market overlooks Biscayne Bay, giving it an even greater appeal. The latest attraction of the Bayside Marketplace is the Skyviews Miami Observation Wheel which consists of forty two climate controlled passenger gondolas and one VIP glass gondola. A ride in the Ferris wheel will give you a breathtaking view the Biscayne Bay.
MySittiVacation Pro Tip: When you visit the market, make sure you spend some time soaking in the atmosphere and enjoy a perfect lunch in one of the restaurants there.
THE BEST OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES TO PURSUE IN MIAMI
Miami is one of the best places to pursue outdoor activities and adventure sports. If you want your trip to be full of activities, then plan on doing some of the following:
- Parasailing: Most of the beaches in Miami offer the option of parasailing. It is one of the best adventure sports you can enjoy during your trip to the city. You can take your partner and even your child parasailing. The adventure sport is suitable for anyone aged between five to fifty! So, when you go to Miami, keep a day aside to enjoy adventure sports.
- Private tour on a boat: If you do not want to go on a cruise, you can book a boat trip on a speed boat or Bay liner. A Bay liner booking for two hours or more will take you along Biscayne Bay, and you can spend a memorable time with your friends and family watching the serene blue waters of the ocean and the beautiful beaches of Miami. During this tour, if you are lucky, you can see a few dolphins. In addition, tourists often take this trip to see the homes of celebrities along Miami Beach.
- Snorkeling: This is another favorite water sport of tourists. The best place to go snorkeling in Miami is Biscayne National Park. Here you can enjoy extraordinary views of underwater coral reefs and shipwrecks and swim with sea turtles and dolphins.
- Go for a family picnic: If you do not want to participate in an adventure sport, you can spend an enjoyable afternoon in one of the numerous parks in Miami enjoying a tranquil picnic. There are several pools in Flamingo Park where your children can enjoy splashing in and out of water. These parks have zero entry fees making them all the more attractive for parents. You can enjoy a perfect picnic in the Park and spend some time in the pool with your children.
- Explore the natural aquifer: If you are looking for another child-friendly place to visit in Miami, plan to take your family to the Venetian Pool in Coral Gables. A natural aquifer creates a pool in the coral rocks. The pool is also filled with water from two neighboring waterfalls. This pool is perfect for a day out with your children; you can even explore the caverns around the pool.
These are some of the best outdoor activities to pursue in Miami. You should only remember to plan your trip and the activities you want to enjoy.
EVENTS TO ENJOY IN MIAMI
If you want to plan your trip to Miami around the events being held in the city, you need first to check the events in the city. Some of the best events that you can enjoy in the city are as follows:
- South Beach Jazz Festival: This festival is the first week of January, with a wide range of public events and special VIP events open to the public. You need to purchase tickets and passes in advance to enjoy this festival.
- Formula One Miami Grand Prix: If you are looking for an adrenaline rush, you can enjoy the Formula One Miami Grand Prix held at the Miami International Autodrome. You must make a deposit early to purchase a ticket to enjoy the Grand Prix in May. This will ensure you have a prime seat booked on the day of the race.
- Deering Seafood Festival: This gastronomic adventure is held in April every year. If you want to enjoy the unique seafood of Miami and the palm-lined walkways of Biscayne Bay, you need to plan your trip around the food festival.
Along with these significant events, smaller events are held throughout the year in Miami. The only thing you need to keep in mind is to avoid visiting the city during hurricanes. The events are usually held around when the weather is perfect, and the maximum number of tourists can enjoy the events.
Best time to visit Miami
While planning your visit to Miami, it is essential to ensure that you choose the best time to visit the city and not end up purchasing tickets for a time of the year when the metropolis is known to be plagued by hurricanes. The best time to visit Miami is from March to May. However, during May, Miami tends to become quite warm, and you might need help to enjoy the beaches.
You should plan your trip so that it ends by mid-May. Otherwise, the next best time to visit this beautiful metropolis would be during winter, from December to February. However, Miami is known to have tropical weather, and you can enjoy it during Spring and Winter.
BEST PLACES TO EAT IN MIAMI
Your trip to Miami will only be complete if you enjoy the gourmet food this tropical city offers. Some of the best places that you can go to enjoy the best food in Miami are as follows:
- L’Atelier de Joël Robuchon Miami: Located in Le Jardinier this is a Michelin starred restaurant. To enjoy delectable French cuisine in Miami, you must visit L’Atelier de Joël Robuchon.
- Paper fish: If you want to enjoy Japanese cuisine and are in the mood for sushi and sashimi, then you must visit Paperfish in Barsecco, Miami. This restaurant is known for its excellent selection of sushi, with several vegetarian and vegan options.
- Pummarola Midtown: This restaurant is located on Miami Avenue and is known for its excellent Italian cuisine. If you want to enjoy authentic Italian pizza and dishes with Neapolitan flavors, then you must plan a visit to the Pummarola Midtown.
- Grails Miami: If you are looking for the American appeal, a sports bar, and a restaurant, plan to visit Grails Miami. The authentic American ambiance and the bar cum restaurant’s vibrant atmosphere are bound to meet your expectations.
- Marabu Restaurant: Miami is where you can enjoy food worldwide. You can enjoy the delectable Cuban cuisine at Marabu Restaurant in Brickell City Centre. The curated dishes and the beautiful ambiance are bound to make your day.
Thus, visiting Miami can be one of the most memorable experiences you can share with your friends and family. All you need to do to ensure that the trip is completed without any hitch is to plan and select the things you want to do in the city. Then, once you have planned these things out, all you need to do is get the tickets, check the events, book the hotels and make beautiful memories of the trip.